Even if I am not the type of girl to wear lip gloss and “sparkles” on my lips all year round, during the bright summer days I find myself reaching for sheer lipsticks and glosses most of the time.
What better opportunity to wear a glossy lip if not in summer, when you have the chance to make those sparkles look so good in the sunlight!
I am a lip products fanatic – no surprise there! – so before I decided to upload this post my lip picks have changed again and again… And again!!!… So, because of the amount of lipsticks, and glosses, and lip balms was bigger and bigger I had to cut it off to a Top 5, otherwise my word count would have gone nuts!
Here you have My Top 5 Lip Products for the Summer of 2014!
1. As you might have red in a previous post, using SPF on my lips is equally important as wearing it on my skin ( read what I use to protect my skin here ). My lip product of choice is the Shiseido Sun Protection Lip Treatment SPF 20 UVA. It is a white lip balm which protects your lips and hydrates at the same time. When you apply it you will see a white cast on your lips but when it absorbs it disappears and your lips are ready for lipstick and protected ( read a proper review here ).
2. I do not go anywhere without my Dior Addict Lip Glow! It is a permanent item in my purse and I carry it with me everywhere I go. You all know this product, I’m sure of that! It is a lip balm which helps enhance the colour of your lips while nourishing them! With the Lip Glow on my lips have a beautiful, natural and healthy rosy tint! Chemistry is magic, don’t you think?!
3. God, I love my next pick! It is another Dior product, this time a proper gloss: the Dior Addict Gloss in #643 Diablotine. This is the lip gloss everyone should have in their makeup collection and to use during summer. It is a bright peachy coral in the tube but on my lips it shows more on the pink/red side. It is quite sheer as you can see from the swatch and it has the most amazing gold glitters, which in the sunlight will give such a natural brightness to your lips.
4. This next product is simply amazing! I have tried to keep myself away from it for the longest time! But when I finally caved in and bought the first one I knew that it will be the beginning of a new and unhealthy addiction ( I now have 3 and
need at least 3 more! ). I am talking about the new Dior Addict Fluid Sticks line, and the one I have here is in the gorgeous color #373 Rieuse. It is the perfect peachy pink lipstick but it has the brightness of a gloss. In fact this is a new formula, a hybrid between a lipstick and a gloss which will give your lips an instant lift, making them glossy and plumped, and sensual. I will write a review on all the Dior Fluid Stick I own soon!
Swatches L-R: Shiseido Sun Protection Lip Treatment, Dior Addict Lip Glow, Dior Addict Gloss #643 Diablotine, Dior addict Fluid Stick #373 Rieuse, Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector #6 Rosewood Shimmer.
5. My last pick is an all-year-rounder! The Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in #6 Rosewood Shimmer. It is maybe my most used product this summer, next to my Shiseido SPF lip balm and my Dior Lip Glow! I also have a full review on it here.
As you can see my favourites for this summer are brighter colours, glossy/shiny finishes and liquis textures. SPF and hydration is a must too!
Please share yours? *always on a hunt for new lipstick or lip gloss… lip everything
See you soon, beautiful!